Gaining Access To Heathly Eating Resources
Mark Stiener's show Sound Bites with Open Society Institute Fellow Arthur Morgan, who discusses Gather Baltimore, a program he created as a solution to help end hunger in Baltimore. Gather Baltimore collects fresh produce donated by farmers markets and farms and helps distribute it to people who don’t have access to healthy food sources, through local hospitals, meal programs, and faith communities. To support Arthur’s project, visit Gather Baltimore’s GiveCorps campaign. To volunteer, get in touch with Gather Baltimore on Facebook.
Urban Farming to provide fresh local produce to kids in schools, homeless shelters, community members, and local restaraunts.
We are currently seeking funding for the following projects.
- Refrigeration / Storage
- Transportation of Food From Farm To The Communities
- Composting Stations
- Greenhouses for year round farming
- Community Leaders to help with distribution
- Workers to maintain distribution stations
- Restaurant Composting Program
- Rooftop Gardening Program
- Educational Growth Program
Market opens June 4, 2013.
Location: 4500 Harford Road, across from Safeway